Preparing a Submission
Making a Submission is a simple, 2-step process via the VALA2022 Call for Submissions portal. Full instructions are in the portal and also reiterated here:
Log into the Submissions Portal and create an account
- Click on the button below to access the Portal to start a Submission.
- Select ‘Create New Account’ button to complete your preferred email address and password. Once logged into the portal please click on the ‘Contact Information’ tab at the top of menu bar and complete your contact details.
Once you’ve created an account you can upload Submissions, edit Submissions that are still in draft, review briefing notes at a later stage, and review terms and conditions at any time by logging in.
Please ensure you read all the relevant information within the portal, including key dates related to the Conference.
Once complete, move to Step 2.
Click on ‘Submission’ and review the instructions.
On this page you will find the Submission template; save it to your desktop and complete it.
Use the template to present your Submission in the required format. Submissions that do not use this template will be returned for correction.
- A Submission must be for original work.
- A Submission is a precis of the proposed paper OR an overview of the content for other presentation types; it should be between 400 and 500 words. (Submissions that are too short or too long may be rejected).
- All Submissions will require an accompanying declaration that the work submitted is the authors’ own work, has not been published elsewhere and, if accepted by VALA, will not be published elsewhere until after the VALA2022 Conference.
- Submissions must contain the following information:
- Title, list of authors/presenters and the affiliations of the authors/presenters.
- Full details, together with the name, organisation, department, position, address, telephone number and e-mail address, are also to be provided for the author nominated as the contact person for this Submission. Note that all correspondence will be sent via the contact person.
- For successful Submissions, full details will also be requested for co-authors or co-presenters.
You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the Submission file:
- The Submission title
- Preferred presentation format (see HERE for detailed options)
- Conference concept/s (see HERE for list of conference concepts)
- All author names and affiliations
- Presenting author biography
- Your completed Submission template
Complete each field and then select the ‘Submit’ button to successfully upload your Submission. Please note, this button will show only when all fields have been completed.
Once your Submission is uploaded correctly, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, your Submission has not been uploaded correctly. The Submission will be found under the ‘Edit Submissions’ tab and you will need to resubmit it.
Other Important Information
- All Submissions must be prepared according to the guidelines provided.
- Incomplete or incorrect Submissions will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online Submission form must be completed.
You will be able to access your Portal account to review your Submission until until the closing date of your chosen submission category. Submissions must be lodged by the main contact author.
Lodgement implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined in the Portal.
Terms & Conditions
By lodging a Submission, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
- As the contact author, I acknowledge that I am making this agreement on behalf of all contributing parties (if any) for this Submission and subsequent material, including paper, E-Poster and presentation.
- I acknowledge that my/our content will not be presented or published elsewhere until after the VALA2022 Conference.
- I take full responsibility for the content of my Submission and subsequent material, including paper, E-Poster and presentation.
- I confirm that I have successfully viewed the PDF conversion of my Submission(s), including any that I have replaced.
- I understand I should not use my paper, E-Poster or presentation as a means of selling my organisation’s products or services.
- All Submissions (brief description, long description and full papers) and presentations will be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License to protect the authors’ copyright and for use within VALA’s everyday business activities.
- I give permission for my paper or E-Poster to be published on the Conference App and/or the Conference website and/or in the official Proceedings for VALA2022.
- I give permission for my presentation to be filmed and recorded and to be uploaded onto the Conference website/Virtual Platform/Conference proceedings.
- All documents, memoranda, notes and records relating to the Conference produced by WALDRONSMITH Management , its agents, the staff or representatives of VALA – Libraries, Technology and the Future Inc are and remain the property of VALA – Libraries, Technology and the Future Inc.
- I have submitted an original work that does not contain the work of others without full disclosure and referencing within the paper or E-Poster. I understand that plagiarism is unethical and not tolerated.
- By making this declaration, I am stating that all work presented/submitted by me as part of the VALA2022 Conference is my own. When diagrams and information used are not my own, I will use correct referencing, citing author, date and publication title.
- VALA – Libraries, Technology and the Future, Inc and WALDRONSMITH Management accept no responsibility for any action taken by a third a party against the Author/s of the paper.
Confirming Your Submission
You are required to double check your Submission has uploaded correctly during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the Conference Office via T +61 3 9645 6311 or E firstname.lastname@example.org