About VALA Tech Camp 2019
Returning to Melbourne in April 2019, VALA Tech Camp 2019 is an intensive, active, hands-on learning and sharing experience run for and by the people who code, build, teach and maintain technology for libraries and collections.
When: Wednesday 10 – Thursday 11 April 2019
Where: The Angliss Conference Centre, Level 5, 555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
The 2-day program features hands-on Workshops and Short Talk presentations:
- 3-hour sessions in 2 parts: a two hour workshop, followed by an hour working on real projects using the skills just acquired.
- 3 Streams for The Navigator, The Storyteller and The Engineer and covering topics such as Open Refine, Using the Command Line and Python.
- TC19 registrants will be invited to nominate their preferred Workshop Sessions when the final program is published in early 2019. Workshop numbers will be capped.
- 9 twenty minute presentations, in 3 sessions, each followed by a panel Q&A.
- Hot topics include APIs, Open Data, Pandoc and more.
- See what the Short Talks delivered at VALA2017 – you can view them all HERE on the VALA Tech Camp 2017 Channel.
Camp registrations are strictly limited, with a maximum number of 100 places available. Workshop numbers will also be capped.
Tech Camp pre-registrations are NOW OPEN. Pre-registration is offered early to support allocation of budgets this calendar year (priority workshop selection will be available to pre-registrants in the new year). This event sold out in 2017, so those wishing to attend are encouraged to register early. (Please note there is no early bird period.)