6 March 2019
TC19 Program Published
27 Feb 2019
TC19 Diversity Scholar Announced
Meet the Tech Camp 2019 Diversity Scholar, Corinna Baerhold. A shout out and warm thank you to our scholarship partner, Linux Australia.
TC19 Welcomes Partners AARNet, Linux Australia and City of Melbourne
VALA is pleased to welcome back AARNet and Linux Australia, our loyal partners in Tech Camp 2017 and now returning in 2019. A warm welcome also to the City of Melbourne, providing valuable financial support through their Business Event Sponsorship program.
About VALA Tech Camp 2019
Returning to Melbourne in April 2019, VALA Tech Camp 2019 is an intensive, active, hands-on learning and sharing experience run for and by the people who code, build, teach and maintain technology for libraries and collections.
When: Wednesday 10 – Thursday 11 April 2019
Where: The Angliss Conference Centre, Level 5, 555 La Trobe Street, Melbourne, VIC 3000
The 2-day program features hands-on Workshops and Short Talk presentations:
- 3-hour sessions in 2 parts: a two hour workshop, followed by an hour working on real projects using the skills just acquired.
- 3 Streams for The Navigator, The Storyteller and The Engineer and covering topics such as Open Refine, Using the Command Line and Python.
- TC19 registrants will be invited to nominate their preferred Workshop Sessions when the final program is published in early 2019. Workshop numbers will be capped.
- 9 twenty minute presentations, in 3 sessions, each followed by a panel Q&A.
- Hot topics include APIs, Open Data, Pandoc and more.
- See what the Short Talks delivered at VALA2017 – you can view them all HERE on the VALA Tech Camp 2017 Channel.
Camp registrations are strictly limited, with a maximum number of 100 places available. Workshop numbers will also be capped.
Tech Camp registrations are NOW OPEN. This event sold out in 2017, so those wishing to attend are encouraged to register early. (Please note there is no early bird period.)