The VALA2014 17th Biennial Conference and Exhibition is the Australian forum where the use of technology in libraries and other cultural institutions is discussed and will feature invited international and Australian keynote speakers, plenary and concurrent sessions and an exhibition featuring the latest products from leading suppliers. The theme for this conference is streaming with possibilities.
VALA2014 will be held at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Australia, from 3-6 February 2014. Please review the sponsorship and exhibition proposal in line with your marketing strategies at the earliest opportunity and act quickly to guarantee your choice of involvement and maximise your investment through promoting your organisation in the pre-conference marketing.
The VALA biennial conference has established itself as the must-attend event for those working in technology in galleries, libraries, archives and museums sectors. The conference is expected to attract around 1,500 participants from across Australia, New Zealand and internationally.
Why you should be at VALA2014
VALA2014 will provide a unique educational environment dedicated to the exchange of best practice, innovation and research. Aligning your organisation with the Conference will provide the opportunity to consolidate relationships and provide exposure to key target markets.
- Create an increased awareness and positioning of your brand as a leading supplier within the the galleries, libraries, archives and museums sectors, both nationally and internationally.
- Present and showcase innovative new products and services
- Promote your products and services in a face-to-face environment to around 1,500 potential customers at VALA2014, thereby furthering your sales and marketing objectives
- Create and strengthen new and existing relationships with key decision-makers at a variety of networking opportunities at VALA2014
- Secure ongoing value associated with building brand awareness
- Increase your awareness and educate your workforce through first-hand market knowledge of developments in the galleries, libraries, archives and museums sectors
Organisations within the following sectors should consider alignment with the event:
Programme topics for 2014
Held over four days, the Conference will comprise the L-Plate Series, VALAtech Boot Camp Series, vendor presentations and the main conference programme focusing on the following themes:
- Bigger data
- Maker / Hacker
- PD / Future-Proofing Our Profession
- Patron / End user
In recent times, VALA has enjoyed strong growth in attendance, attracting an increasing number of international delegates, with 8.5% of delegates in 2012 coming from outside Australia, along with strong representation from all Australian states and territories. VALA2012 attracted an attendance of well over 1800 participants, including shared registrations and a substantial growth in visitors to the exhibition.
Of the VALA2012 delegates, 53% were from the higher education sector, 23% from public, state and national libraries, 14% from special libraries working in the areas of health, law, and business and government services, and 10% from other areas including galleries, archives and museums.
To help your company build relationships with present and potential customers, the programme provides many different opportunities for sponsorship participation. Individual sponsorship packages can be tailored to suit your budget and your marketing objectives.
Check out the Sponsorship Opportunities available.
Design your own stand, select a Shell scheme upgrade package or take a standard package – the choice is yours.
Check out the Exhibition Opportunities available.