SUBMITTING AN ABSTRACT
Online abstract submission is a simple, 2-step process, which is fully outlined in the abstract presentation portal and also reiterated here:
Log into the abstract presentation portal and create an account
- Click on the button below to access the Presentation Portal to start an abstract.
- Select ‘Create New Account’ button to complete your preferred email address and password.
- Once logged into the abstract presentation portal please click on the ‘Contact Information’ tab at the top of menu bar and complete your contact details.
Once you’ve created an account within this presentation portal you can upload abstracts, edit abstracts that are still in draft, review briefing notes at a later stage, and review terms and conditions at any time by logging in.
Please ensure you read all the relevant information within the portal, including key dates related to the Conference.
Once complete, move to Step 2.
Click on “Abstract Submission” and review the instructions.
On this page you will find the abstract template; save it to your desktop and complete it.
Use the template to present your abstract in the required format. Abstracts not submitted using this template will be returned for correction.
- An abstract must be original work.
- An abstract is a precis of the proposed paper or other content and should be between 400 and 500 words. (Abstracts that are too short or too long may be rejected).
- All submissions will require an accompanying declaration that the work submitted is the authors’ own work, has not been published elsewhere and, if accepted by VALA, will not be published elsewhere until after the VALA2020 Conference.
- Abstracts must contain the following information:
- Title, list of authors/presenters and the affiliations of the authors/presenters.
- Full details, together with the name, organisation, department, position, address, telephone number and e-mail address, are also to be provided for the author nominated as the contact person for this abstract. Note that all correspondence will be sent via the contact person.
- For successful papers, full details may also be requested for co-authors.
You will be required to provide the following details prior to uploading the abstract file:
- The abstract title
- Preferred presentation format (see HERE for detailed options)
- Conference concept/s (see HERE for list of Conference Concepts)
- All author names and affiliations
- Presenting author biography
- Your completed abstract template
Complete each field and then select the ‘Submit’ button to successfully upload your abstract. Please note, this button will show only when all fields have been completed.
Once your abstract is uploaded correctly, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, your abstract has not been uploaded correctly. The abstract will be found under the ‘Edit Abstracts’ tab and you will need to submit it.
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
- All abstracts must be prepared according to the guidelines provided.
- Incomplete or incorrect abstracts will be returned to the author and must be re-submitted immediately in the correct format to be considered for inclusion in the program.
- All fields on the online abstract submission form must be completed.
You will be able to access your Abstract Presentation Portal account to review your abstract until 7 May 2019. Abstracts must be submitted by the presenting author who should complete all fields on the online submission form.
Submission of your abstract/s implies you have read, understood and comply with the Terms and Conditions as outlined in the Abstract Presentation Portal.
CONFIRMING YOUR SUBMISSIONS
You are required to double check your abstract has uploaded correctly during the upload process. If you have any concerns, please contact the Conference Office via T +61 3 9907 8634 or E email@example.com