Preparation of Your Abstract
- All abstracts must be original work.
- Authors will be required to make a declaration that the paper submitted is their own work, has not been published elsewhere and, if accepted by VALA, will not be published elsewhere until after the VALA2014 Conference.
- The abstract, being a précis of the proposed paper, must be between 400 and 500 words. Note that abstracts that are too short or too long may be rejected.
- Abstracts must contain the following information:
- Title, list of authors and the affiliations of the authors.
- Full details, together with the name, organisation, department, position, address, telephone number and e-mail address, are also to be provided for the author nominated as the contact person for this paper. Note that all correspondence will be sent via the contact person.
- For successful papers, full details may also be requested for co-authors.
- Full Speaker Terms & Conditions shown below.
Abstract submissions have now CLOSED.
- Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Programme Committee.
- We anticipate that the contact speaker will be advised in writing of the Committee's decision by 19 July 2013. If the abstract is accepted, the contact person will be provided with the VALA2014 Briefing Notes for Authors.
- The deadline for submission of the paper is 15 September 2013.
- Papers will undergo peer review and the contact person will be advised of any revisions required. During this review process, you will have the opportunity to update the paper as events and technologies unfold. The revised paper will also be subject to review.
- At the conference you are asked to talk to your paper.
- VALA reserves the right to reject papers.
- Speakers receive one discounted fee per paper. All speakers must register online for the Conference; the registration process will open in September 2013.
Please Note: It is expected that all presentations will be recorded and the video will subsequently be available for viewing via the VALA website.
- All submissions (brief description, long description, full papers) presentations and videos will be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/).
Speaker Terms & Conditions
By submitting an abstract and paper, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions:
(i) As the contact author, I acknowledge that I am making this agreement on behalf of all contributing parties (if any) for this paper.
(ii) I acknowledge that my/our paper will not be presented or published elsewhere until after the VALA2014 Conference.
(iii) I take full responsibility for the content of my abstract, paper and presentation.
(iv) I understand I should not use my paper or presentation as means of selling my organisation's products or services.
(v) All submissions (brief description, long description and full papers) and presentations will be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution License to protect the authors' copyright and for use within VALA's everyday business activities.
(vi) I give permission for my abstract and full paper to be published in the Conference handbook and/or the Conference website.
(vii) I give permission for my presentation to be filmed and recorded and to be uploaded onto the Conference website / Conference proceedings.
(viii) All documents, memoranda, notes and records relating to the Conference produced by WALDRONSMITH Management, its agents, the staff or representatives of VALA - Libraries, Technology and the Future Inc are and remain the property of VALA - Libraries, Technology and the Future Inc.
(ix) Plagiarism, even when unintentional, is illegal. VALA and WALDRONSMITH Management accept no responsibility for any action taken by a third party.
(x) By making this declaration, I am stating that all work presented/submitted by me at the VALA2014 Conference is my own. When diagrams and information used are not my own, I will use correct referencing, citing author, date and publication title.