Open to all Libraries and Information Services in Australia, the biennial VALA Award recognizes outstanding and innovative use of ICT to improve service to customers.
VALA Award nominations for 2016 are now closed.
- 2016 - National Library of Australia – edeposit service and University of Melbourne – data forensics lab
- 2014 - Curtin University Library App
- 2012 - The Research Hub, at Griffith University
- 2010 - iBIMS™ - The Digital Link @ Willoughby City Library
- 2008 - Informit TVNews from RMIT Publishing
- 2006 - Deb Stumm and Christine Sayer, State Library of Queensland Queensland Stories
- 1998 - Buddy (integrated web-based subject gateway), University of Melbourne Library (Vic)
- 1996 - Voiceprint (telephone-based information service) and Talking Catalogue, Royal Victorian Institute for the Blind (Vic)
- 1994 - Centre for Networked Access to Scholarly Information, Australian National University Library (ACT)
- 1992 - Fast-track issues system, Waverley City Libraries (Vic)
- 1990 - University of Melbourne Library (Vic) - TITAN Research Collection Applications
- 1988 - Redcliffe City Council Library Service (Qld) - Electronic Bulletin Board Service
- 1986 - Library for the Blind (NSW) - Talking Book application
- 1984 - Peninsula Regional Library Service (Vic) - Connection of Bookmobile sites for on-line operations