THE VALA2006 CALL FOR PAPERS IS NOW CLOSED
VALA, the Victorian Association for Library Automation Inc., aims to promote the use and understanding of information technology as it applies to practitioners in the library and information dissemination industries.
VALA2006 conference topics may include (but are not limited to):
* Digitisation and managing digital objects
* Digital / electronic publishing
* Rights management
* Intellectual property and copyright
* Archiving / preservation of electronic resources
* Information management and knowledge sharing
* Teaching and learning environments
* Virtual reference
* Geographic information systems
* Extending the ILMS
* Open archives
* Metadata harvesting and management
* Mark-up languages and XML
* Performance measures and statistical data
* Interoperability and standards
* Open source development and application
* Collaboration and consortia
* Virtual communities and grid computing
* Federated searching
* Reaching your audience
* Using IT to engage with your communities
* Information literacy and the digital divide
* User behaviour and changing expectations
* User authentication, registration and privacy issues
* User interfaces
* Portals, personalisation and intranets
* Managing the balance between internal and external users
* Application of new technologies
* Portable devices
* Wireless technologies
* Wikis, blogs and RSS
PREPARATION OF YOUR ABSTRACT
All abstracts must be original work. Authors will be required to sign a declaration that the paper submitted is their own work and has not been published elsewhere.
The extended abstract, being a precis of your paper, must be between 400 and 500 words. Note that abstracts which are too short or too long may be rejected.
Each abstract must contain a title, lists of authors and the affiliations of the authors. Abstracts must also include the name, organisation, department, position, address, telephone and facsimile numbers and e-mail address of the author(s) who will be presenting the paper at the conference. Full details are also to be provided for the author nominated as the contact person for this paper. Note that all correspondence will be sent only to the contact person.
Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Programme Committee. The presenting speaker will be advised in writing of the Committee's decision during June 2005.
On acceptance of abstracts, the contact speaker will be provided with speaker briefing notes.
Full copies of final papers are required to be submitted online by 15 September 2005, following which papers will be refereed. The Conference Programme Committee will then advise you of any revisions required.
VALA reserves the right to reject final papers.
All presenting speakers must register for the Conference. One discounted speaker fee per paper will be offered in the registration brochure, which is scheduled for distribution in August 2005.
Remember, the extended abstract, being a precis of your paper, must be between 400 and 500 words. Note that abstracts which are too short or too long may be rejected.
The VALA2006 Call for Papers is now closed.
MAIN ANNOUNCEMENT AND REGISTRATION BROCHURE
If you would like to receive the Main Announcement and Registration Brochure please contact the VALA2006 Conference Office.
If you may be interested in holding a workshop in conjunction with the conference, please contact the VALA2006 Conference Office.
SPONSORSHIP AND EXHIBITION BROCHURE NOW AVAILABLE
Visit the VALA2006 Sponsorship and Exhibition Proposal page for details of the exciting sponsorship opportunities available to your company or organisation to participate in VALA2006.
Or, you can obtain a copy of the Sponsorship and Exhibition brochure and investigate the various marketing opportunities available, by contacting the VALA2006 Conference Office.
VALA2006 Conference Office
Waldron Smith Management
61 Danks Street West
Port Melbourne VIC 3207
Telephone: +61 3 9645 6311
Facsimile: +61 3 9645 6322
19 May, 2005
Last updated 19 May, 2005