12th Biennial Conference and Exhibition
3 - 5 February 2004
BREAKING BOUNDARIES: INTEGRATION & INTEROPERABILITY
CALL FOR PAPERS - DEADLINE 30 APRIL 2003
Topics may include (but are not limited to):
· Portable devices
· Wireless technologies
· Strategic information planning
· Teaching and learning environments
· Cooperation and consortia
· Licensing and copyright
· Portals, personalisation and intranets
· Virtual reference
· User behaviour
· 24-hour support
· User interfaces
· User authentication and registration
· Rights management
· Intellectual property
· Security and privacy issues
· Interoperability and standards
· Managing digital objects
· Commercial information delivery
· Access to information
· e-books / print-on-demand
· Archiving / preservation of electronic resources
· Digital / electronic publishing
· Metadata harvesting and management
· Mark-up languages and XML
· Performance measures and statistical data
· Electronic reserve
· Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
· Leasing or acquiring
· Open source
· Open archives
· Extending the ILMS
· Information literacy: the new digital divide
· Resource allocation [e.g. of physical computers, access to Internet, etc.]
· Shifting the balance between internal and external users
PREPARATION OF YOUR ABSTRACT
· All abstracts must be original work.
· The extended abstract, being a precis of your paper, should be between 400 and 500 words.
· Each abstract must contain a title, lists of authors and the affiliations of the authors. Abstracts must also include the name, organisation, department, position, address, telephone, facsimile and e-mail address of the author(s) who will be presenting the paper at the conference. Full details are also to be provided for the author nominated as the contact person for this paper. Note that all correspondence will be sent only to the contact person.
· Abstracts are to be forwarded by e-mail to: Antoinette@wsm.com.au as an attached Word document. Please include in the document the information requested in the preceding paragraph.
· If submitting more than one abstract, each abstract is to include the information requested above.
· Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Programme Committee. The presenting speaker will be advised in writing of the Committee's decision during June 2003.
· On acceptance of abstracts, the contact speaker will be provided with speakers briefing notes.
· Full copies of final papers are required to be forwarded to Waldron Smith Management by 15 September 2003, following which papers will be refereed. The Conference Programme Committee will then advise you of any revisions required.
· All presenting speakers must register for the Conference. One discounted speaker fee per paper will be offered in the registration brochure, which is scheduled for distribution in August 2003.
· The deadline for abstract submission is 30 April 2003.
Please e-mail your abstracts to: Antoinette@wsm.com.au
FURTHER INFORMATION AND
MAIN ANNOUNCEMENT BROCHURE
The Main Announcement and Registration Brochure will be issued in August 2003.
If you would like to
receive the Main Announcement and Registration Brochure please contact the
VALA2004 Conference Organisers' Office.
If you may be interested in holding a workshop in conjunction with the conference, please contact the VALA2004 Conference Organisers' Office.
SPONSORSHIP & EXHIBITION
Expressions of interest are invited from companies
and organisations to participate as a sponsor and/or exhibitor at VALA2004:
12th Biennial Conference and Exhibition "Breaking boundaries: integration
and interoperability". Further information regarding the various marketing
opportunities available can be obtained from the Conference
Waldron Smith Management
61 Danks Street
Port Melbourne VIC 3207
Telephone: +61 3 9645 6311
Facsimile: +61 3 9645 6322
|Tom Denison||White Room Electronic Publishing Pty Ltd||President|
|Lian Todd||DA Information Services||Vice President|
|Jenny Baran||Curriculum Corporation||Secretary|
|Stephen Gillespie||RMIT University Library||Treasurer|
|Helen Balcam||Living Libraries
Department of Infrastructure
|Sandra Bugeja||Civica Pty Ltd||Committee Member|
|Simon Huggard||Monash University Library||Committee Member|
|Cathie Jilovsky||CAVAL Ltd||Committee Member|
Computer Systems Engineering Pty Ltd
|Antoinette Woods||Waldron Smith Management Pty Ltd||Conference Manager|
Page | Sponsorship and Exhibition
Exhibition Opportunities | Sponsorship Opportunities
VALA home page | Membership | General Meetings| Previous conferences
Victorian Association for Library Automation Inc.
Reg No A11933 ABN 75 344 574 577
P.O. Box 282, Croydon, Victoria, AUSTRALIA, 3136
Ph +61 3 9725 2725 Fax +61 3 9723 6097
Last updated 3 April 2003